Huawei recently released its latest foldable smartphone, Huawei Mate X2. Today, this smartphone will be officially on sale in Huawei Mall and other major authorized e-commerce platforms. However, it is important to note that this device is not cheap in any way. The Huawei Mate X2 has two models – 8GB + 256GB and 8GB + 512GB. While the former sells for 17,999 yuan ($2,785), the latter is on the shelf for 18999 yuan ($2,939).
However, it appears that the “scary price” tag is not entirely scary. According to reports, the sales commenced by 10:08 today. The pre-order account was already full of course. However, when the sales started, users returned at exactly 10:08 to try to get this device but it was already sold out. Although we do not know the exact number of units that Huawei made, it’s surely in millions. According to reports, the pre-order for the Huawei Mate X2 on Huawei Mall alone exceeds 3.75 million.
Obviously, the high price is not discouraging buyers and the phone is very popular. According to Huawei Mall, sales will be available for a limited time every Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 10:08.
It is worth mentioning that at the launch press conference, Huawei’s consumer business CEO, Yu Chengdong said: “I want to tell consumers that we have prepared enough production capacity and are increasing production capacity every week and every month. We hope Consumers can buy our mobile phones at affordable prices.”
As Huawei’s third-generation foldable phone, Huawei Mate X2 adopts a dual-rotating water drop hinge, a dual-wedge-shaped integrated design, and an internal/external dual-screen design. Both support a high refresh rate of 90Hz. The 8-inch folding flexible inner screen has an ultra-high resolution of 2480 × 2200 and a pixel density of 412ppi. Furthermore, the inner screen has a magnetron nano-optical film and a touch sampling rate of 180Hz.
Huawei Mate X2 specifications
- 6.45-inch (2700 x 1160 pixels) flexible OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate outer display, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display with 90Hz refresh rate when unfolded, DCI-P3 color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 11, HMS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 8MP periscope telephoto camera with 10X zoom, up to 100x digital zoom, OIS
- 16MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 74.6 (145.8 unfolded) x 4.4 mm to 8.2 mm (unfolded) 13.6 to 14.7 mm (folded); Weight: 295g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (2250mAh x 2 ) battery with 55W SuperCharge