Oppo’s lineup now includes an affordable smartphone A53s 5G with support for fifth-generation mobile networks. The device carries a MediaTek processor on board, and the operating system is ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11.
The device is equipped with a 6.5-inch IPS HD+ display with a resolution of 1600 × 720 pixels, an aspect ratio of 20:9 and a refresh rate of 60 Hz. A small on-screen notch houses an 8MP front-facing camera.
The Dimensity 700 processor is used. The chip contains eight computing cores with a frequency of up to 2.2 GHz, an ARM Mali-G57 MC2 graphics accelerator and a 5G modem. The amount of RAM is 6 or 8 GB.
The smartphone received a triple rear camera with a 13-megapixel main sensor, a 2-megapixel macro module and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The fingerprint scanner is located on the side.
The device carries onboard a flash drive with a capacity of 128 GB (plus a microSD card), wireless adapters Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.1. There is a USB Type-C port and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The device is powered by a 5000 mAh battery with support for 10-watt recharging.
The Oppo A53s 5G version with 6 GB of RAM will cost $ 200, and for the version with 8 GB of RAM, you will need to pay $ 230.
Gizchina News of the week
OPPO A53s 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen, up to 480 nits brightness, 71% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 164×75.7×8.4mm; Weight: 189.6g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery
It is worth mentioning that earlier today, Oppo A95 5G mid-range smartphone with support for fifth-generation mobile networks has been officially presented. The device also runs ColorOS 11.1 user interface based on Android 11 operating system.
The device has a MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor. The product combines eight cores with a frequency of up to 2.4 GHz, an ARM Mali-G57 MC3 graphics accelerator and a 5G modem. The amount of LPDDR4x RAM is 8 GB.