In a recent official tweet from @PocoGlobal, the company officially confirmed that the Poco M3 will come with a MediaTek’s Dimensity 700 SoC. The teaser with the tween also confirms that this smartphone will arrive on May 19th. This latest information is different from earlier rumors that speculates a Snapdragon chip for this device. As of now, there is no official information regarding the specs of the Poco M3 Pro. However, from the available leaks, this device will have a triple rear camera setup, a punch-hole screen and will have at least three colour options.
As for the display, he speculates so far is that it will use an LCD screen with a side fingerprint sensor. Nevertheless, Xiaomi could still opt to use an AMOLED display on this smartphone. From the reports so far, the Poco M3 Pro is a revamp of the Redmi Note 10 5G. However, the basic difference will be a change in its design.
Gizchina News of the week
If this report is true, then we expect the Poco M3 Pro to come with a 6.5-inch FullHD+ 90Hz LCD screen just like the Redmi Note 10 5G. In the camera department, this device should use a 48MP main sensor in a triple camera setup. On the front, there will be an 8MP selfie shooter. Under the hood, this smartphone will pack a 5,000 mAh battery that supports 18W charging. See the complete specs of the Redmi Note 10 5G below. These are the expected specifications for the Poco M3 Pro 5G
Redmi Note 10 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate; 500 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12, upgradable to MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 161.81 x 75.34 x 8.92mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 18W fast charging.
Furthermore, the Poco M3 Pro may not be the only clone of Redmi Note 10 5G. There are reports that Xiaomi is planning to unveil the Redmi 20X in China. This smartphone may also turn out to be a clone of the Redmi Note 10 5G.