Xiaomi does not allow itself or competitors to breathe. The story with the re-release of Redmi Note 8, which became a hit of sales, seems especially surprising. The company has not used this maneuver before and it will be interesting to see if it turns out to be successful. But we can see the appearance of Redmi Note 8 (2021) today. A promo-render of the device has appeared, revealing its design.
The task of enchanting and offering something new in the exterior was clearly not at stake. The company will simply take the case of the last Redmi Note 8 and put other hardware inside. In 2021, a smartphone in this design does not make a good impression and there will be many who will extremely negatively perceive the same bulky body and a teardrop notch for the front camera. Few people will buy a new product for design, but external archaism can offset the low price tag.
According to the manufacturer, this model turned out to be one of the most successful in the entire history of the line. Sales statistics – 25 million copies sold. It was the success of the model and decent sales that pushed the company to release another version of the Redmi Note 8 in 2021.
— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) May 22, 2021
It is known about Redmi Note 8 (2021) that it will receive a 6.3-inch display, an eight-core Helio G85 chip, a 4000 mAh battery, a 48-megapixel sensor in the rear camera, a MIUI 12.5 user interface and a 22.5 W fast charging technology. Here is the specs sheet of the 2019 Redmi Note 8.
Redmi Note 8 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, 450 nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage; 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor, PDAF, EIS; 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size; 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm; Weight: 190g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash-proof (P2i nano-coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging