Not so long ago, DxOMark specialists tested Redmi Note 10 Pro and came to the conclusion that in its segment it is one of the best camera phones on the market, and the quality of photos on its camera is not inferior to those obtained on the iPhone XS Max. It turned out that the company’s portfolio includes another mid-budget smartphone, whose photo capabilities are comparable to the same Apple smartphone.
DxOMark : POCO X3 NFC outperforms Google Pixel 3 in camera tests
And we are talking about Poco X3 NFC, which was presented last fall, but only now the guys from DxOMark decided to test its camera. According to the results of its study, the experts gave it an average score of 103. For the quality of photos, the smartphone received 107 points and the video quality – 98.
DxOMark’s verdict says that while the POCO X3 NFC can’t compete with most flagships and its camera leaves a lot to be desired, overall it looks like a good option for photographers on a budget. The smartphone camera is capable of capturing good still images in not too difficult conditions, while video shooting and close-up photos are its weak points.
Gizchina News of the week
According to DxOMark experts, the photos on the POCO X3 NFC camera should please with the good exposure and detail of the portrait shots, as well as the display of pleasant skin tones. Users should also appreciate fast focusing in bright light and when taking photos indoors. Experts noted the accurate white balance and effective stabilization when shooting video. And autofocus glitches, digital noise, color casts, and limited dynamic range can be disappointing.
- Nice skin tones
- Good detail on portraits
- Fast autofocus in bright outdoor light and indoors
- Good detail on faces in night portraits
- Good subject exposure in auto-flash portraits
- Effective video stabilization when holding camera still
- Accurate white balance in outdoor videos
- Limited dynamic range in outdoor scenes
- Focus failures in low light
- Color casts in all light conditions
- Image noise in all conditions
- Underexposes in ultra-wide high-contrast scenes and in low-light videos
- Exposure and autofocus instabilities in videos
Key camera specifications:
- Primary: Sony IMX 682 64 MP 1/1.73″ sensor, 1.6μm, 26 mm-equivalent f/1.89-aperture lens
- Ultra-wide: 13 MP sensor, 16 mm-equivalent f/2.2-aperture lens, 119° field of view
- Macro: 2 MP sensor, 1.75μm, f/2.4-aperture lens
- Depth: 2 MP sensor, 1.75μm, f/2.4-aperture lens
- LED flash
- 2160p/30 fps, 1080p/30 fps