Xiaomi is rolling out the MIUI 12.5 update for the Redmi Note 10 Pro, and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max smartphones last week in the Indian market. This update took a long time to reach devices outside of China, but it’s good to see that Xiaomi is finally seeding it to global customers. Now, the company is moving on with the release of the MIUI 12.5 stable update for the Mi 11X smartphone in the country. Now, the Mi 11X is effectively the first Mi 11 series to receive MIUI 12.5 update in the country. For those unaware, MIUI 12.5 global was unveiled in February. The new update is faster and lighter than the previous version as per the company claims. Xiaomi also claims that MIUI 12.5 requires 35 percent less background memory and 25 percent less power consumption.
The new update is rolling out for the Mi 11X units in India with MIUI 220.127.116.11.RKHINXM serial. In addition to the goodies introduced with MIUI 12.5, the firmware also bumps the Android security patch level to May 2021. The update is rolling out with a total weight of 487 MB. As aforementioned it brings all the MIUI 12.5 features for the premium mid-range smartphone.
As before mentioned, the new MIUI 12.5 reduces the consumption of system apps. Some of these system apps are now uninstallable, so if you consider a specific app as bloatware, you can easily uninstall it. The new MIUI 12.5 also brings an upgrade in terms of computing power as it has 20-times the rendering engine than before. Moreover, the company has worked on UI animations to ensure a seamless experience. You can check the changelog below.
Mi 11X MIUI 12.5 update changelog
- Custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Response to gestures is now instant.
- 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2021. Increased system security.
- Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New tools for doodling and sketching.
- Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.
- Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
Worth noting that the update is rolling out in a staged manner. So it may take a couple of days to reach all eligible units of the Mi 11X. Xiaomi usually does this limited early rollout to avoid potential issues and hold the update if any critical issue is detected.