Xiaomi is rolling out MIUI 12.5 update to the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G in China. The new update is based on Android 11 and brings all the goodies introduced by Google and Xiaomi. For starters, MIUI 12.5 brings better resource management that makes the company’s custom skin more efficient and reduces the overall consumption giving an extra performance for users. Worth noting that this is the Chinese Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G that went official in China in November 2020. This device has nothing to do with the Global variant of the Redmi Note 9 Pro that does not even bring 5G connectivity. For that reason, the rollout of MIUI 12.5 does not mean that the global Redmi Note 9 Pro will receive it soon. However, when it comes to the Mi 10i and Mi 10T Lite, this update can mean that these devices will receive it soon.
The update seems to be a small upgrade over MIUI 12, and as the version number suggests it’s the incremental step before MIUI 13. However, it brings a lot of surprising improvements. For instance, the updates reduce drastically the CPU usage to improve the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G’s performance. It reduces the power consumption by up to 15%. The gestures now have dedicated threads, which makes them more responsive. MIUI 12.5 also allows users to remove the majority of system applications, which is also great. Apart from all this, there are a lot of new changes coming for the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G.
The MIUI 12.5 update is rolling out for the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G with software version V188.8.131.52.RJSCNXM. If you have not received the update yet, then manually check for the update by heading to Settings >> About Phone >> System updates. For more details check a brief part of the update changelog below:
- Response to gestures is now instant.
- 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- Custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- Hundreds of system sounds represent animals from all around the world.
- Mount Siguniang super wallpaper on Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G.
- Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- Privacy risk scanner.
We expect the same treatment to reach the global counterparts of the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G in the coming months. These devices are the Indian Mi 10i and the global Mi 10T Lite. The latter has a different camera but similar design and specifications.