The German photo brand Leica has been working closely with Huawei for a long time and it seems that not without his participation the company’s flagships were recognized as some of the best in the field of mobile photography. But Leica does not want to be on the sidelines and be limited only by the presence of the nameplate on the smartphones of third-party companies. Ambitions have grown and have already resulted in the release of the first smartphone – Leitz Phone 1.
Its announcement took place in Japan and the choice of the country of release was not accidental. The thing is that, having learned the characteristics of the Leitz Phone 1, they will seem familiar to many. The German brand simply changed the Sharp Aquos R6 nameplate to its own. They are essentially twin brothers, and in order to avoid confusion with each other, the Leitz Phone 1 changed the design of the main camera from a rectangular platform to a round one. This is a collaboration between Leica and Sharp. We give you a nameplate and optics, and you give us a re-release of the same smartphone, but under our brand.
Leica Leitz Phone 1
The device will be available only on the Japanese market and for the “prestige” they ask for $ 1700. Whereas the Sharp Aquos R6 costs “only” at $ 1056. It will be difficult for Leica to explain to the consumer why he should overpay $ 650 for the brand.
The smartphone has a 6.6-inch OLED screen with a refresh rate of 240 Hz, a Snapdragon 888 processor, 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of permanent memory (the Sharp Aquos R6 offered 128 GB). The battery capacity is 5000 mAh. The main advantage of the device was also left untouched – an inch image sensor of 20.2 megapixels in the main camera.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Sharp AQUOS R6 smartphone.
Sharp AQUOS R6 specifications
- 6.6-inch (1260 x 2730 pixels) WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED display, 1-240Hz refresh rate, 20,000,000:1 contrast ratio, up to 2000 nits brightness, 10-bit color, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, microSD up to 1TB
- Android 11
- 20.2MP camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, Leica Sumicron 7P lens, EIS, Low Light ToF AF camera
- 12.6MP front camera with f/2.3 aperture
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max in-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162 x 74 x 9.5mm; Weight: 207g
- Water and dustproof (IPX5 / IPX8 / IP6X)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,000mAh battery with fast charging