A few months ago, Xiaomi officially released the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. This smartphone is the budget device in the Xiaomi Mi 11 series. This device comes with the new Snapdragon 780G SoC and it appears to be one of the very few smartphones that use this chip. According to @DCS, there will be a wave of Snapdragon 778G smartphones. Furthermore, Wang Teng, the product director of Xiaomi, said that Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G has insufficient production capacity. In fact, his Weibo post shows that Xiaomi has a monopoly on this processor.
This has sparked speculations that with insufficient chips, the company might discontinue the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. However, Wang Teng believes that the company will not discontinue this smartphone anytime soon. Nevertheless, it is most unlikely that any new model will come with this processor (SD780G). The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite is the first smartphone to commercialize the Snapdragon 780G chip. The company regards this chip to be the “Little Snapdragon 888”. This is because it retains a lot of characteristics with the Snapdragon 888 flagship.
Specifically, Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G also uses a 5nm process, including a Cortex-A78 core clocked at 2.4GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.2GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores at 1.9GHz core. According to Qualcomm, the CPU increase rate is as high as 45%, mainly due to the doubling of the large core. Also, the new micro-architecture supports LPDDR4X memory. Not only that, the Snapdragon 780G is equipped with Adreno 642 GPU, which is 50% higher than the previous generation, and its graphics driver supports OTA updates.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite comes with a 6.55-inch AMOLED display that supports a 90Hz refresh rate and a resolution of 1080 × 2400 pixels. This device also uses a 64MP main camera in its triple rear camera setup. See the full specs of this smartphone below
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.3GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 470 CPUs) Snapdragon 732G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Water resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.53 x 75.72 x 6.81mm; Weight: 157g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4250mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging