In the case of Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, the company seriously invested in its creation, betting on an additional screen and a main camera, which received three new generation Quad Bayer sensors at once. The new smartphone runs the latest Qualcomm flagship processor Snapdragon 888. Its choice was obvious, but the company did not manage to overcome the overheating problems. And this, together with the high price tag of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, somewhat crippled the blissful impression of the flagship.
But MIUI developers have found a way to cool the hot temper of the chip. They did this at the software level by releasing the MIUI 126.96.36.199 update. The first to receive it were the owners of the Chinese version of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra. Those who managed to install the update note that with intensive use of the flagship, it was possible to feel a decrease in heating by 5 ° C compared to the temperature that was recorded before the update was installed. How this effect was achieved is not reported.
Recall that Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra has a main 6.81-inch screen with a resolution of 3200×1440 pixels and an additional display with a diagonal of 1.1 inches, 8/12 GB of RAM and 256/512 GB of storage, a 20-megapixel front camera and a triple rear camera 50 MP (f / 2.0) + 48 MP (f / 4.1) + 48 MP (f / 2.2).
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the full specifications of the flagship smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1700 nits (peak) brightness, 900 nits (HBM), 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED rear touch always-on display with 450 nits (peak) brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 48MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, f/4.1 aperture, 5x optical, 10x hybrid, up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, up to 1920fps slow motion
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.38mm; Weight: 234g
- Water resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 67W wired; QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging