The South Korean company Samsung held today the Galaxy Unpacked event, during which the official presentation of the new devices took place. One of them is the Galaxy Z Flip 3 clamshell smartphone, which has become more productive compared to the previous model, and also received an updated design of the camera block and the external screen.
The device boasts a 6.7-inch display that supports 2640 x 1080 pixels (FHD +) resolution and refreshes rates up to 120 Hz. The screen is protected from mechanical damage by a special Corning Gorilla glassVictus. On the outside of the case, there is an additional Super AMOLED display with a diagonal of 1.9 inches, which supports a resolution of 260 × 512 pixels.
On the back of the case, a dual camera is installed, made on the basis of a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle module and a 12-megapixel wide-angle module. There is a small hole at the top of the main display that houses the 10MP front-facing camera.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
For the performance in the Galaxy Z Flip 3, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with eight processing cores and an operating frequency of up to 2.84 GHz is responsible. An accelerator Adreno 660 is provided for graphics processing. The device supports operation in fifth-generation (5G) communication networks. The built-in Snapdragon X60 5G modem provides data transfer speeds up to 7.5 Mbps. We also have an 8 GB of LPDDR5 RAM. Versions of the device with a UFS 3.1 format drive with a capacity of 128 or 256 GB will go on sale.
The manufacturer has equipped the smartphone with a side fingerprint scanner, NFC module and Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.0 adapters. A 3300 mAh battery with support for 15 W wired charging, 10 W wireless charging and 4.5 W reverse wireless charging is responsible for autonomy. To replenish energy, a USB Type-C interface is provided.
Samsung focuses on the increased durability of the new product. The Flip 3 is IPX8 waterproof and has a reinforced aluminum frame. In addition, a new protective film and an improved structure of the glass of the main screen are used in the design.
Galaxy Z Flip 3 has dimensions of 166 × 72.2 × 6.9 mm and weighs 183 g. Android 11 is in yse as the software platform with the latest version of One UI. The smartphone comes in Cream, Green, Lavender and Phantom Black colors; In addition, it costs $999.99 for the base 8GB+ 128GB variant, and $1099.99 for the 256GB model. Orders on Samsung.com will get to choose Gray, White and Pink colors as well. It is available to order and goes on sale globally starting from August 27th.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2640 x 1080 pixels) 22:9 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 425ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, external/ cover 1.9-inch (260 x 512 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 302ppi
- SoC: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA sub6 / mmWave, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- Water resistant (IPX8)
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: Folded: 72.2×86.4×15.9~17.1mm,Unfolded: 166×72.2×6.9mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) battery with 15w fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging