The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 is the latest foldable smartphone with a powerful configuration. These include the Snapdragon 888 processor, 8GB of LPDDR5 memory, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. However, the device lacks support for Samsung’s best productivity feature, Dex. The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 does not support Samsung DeX, which is a very popular productivity feature.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G also lack support for this feature. Last year, there were rumors that Samsung might bring DeX functionality through a software update. However, as of now, there is no update with this feature. Many Galaxy Z Flip series users have complained to Samsung about the lack of DeX function on the company’s official forum, but Samsung has not confirmed whether DeX will eventually appear on these smartphones.
When a mobile phone is connected to a monitor or TV via a USB Type-C to HDMI cable or Wi-Fi Direct, DeX allows the mobile phone to be used as a desktop PC, thanks to its PC-like user interface. Users can create and edit documents, browse the web in a standard multi-tab browser, and use DeX to view photos and videos on a larger display.
Gizchina News of the week
At this time when many manufacturers are optimizing their large display devices for productivity, it is unfortunate that the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 will not be a proper productivity tool.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2640 x 1080 pixels) 22:9 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 425ppi, external/ cover 1.9-inch (260 x 512 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 302ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- SoC: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA sub6 / mmWave, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- Water-resistant (IPX8)
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions:Folded: 72.2×86.4×15.9~17.1mm,Unfolded: 166×72.2×6.9mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) battery with 15w fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G comes in Cream, Green, Lavender, and Black colours and the 8GB + 128GB version comes with a $999.99 price tag. The 256GB model comes with a $1099.99 price tag.