Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, has a couple of high-end monitors that supports multiple applications. According to recent reports, the new Huawei MateView high-end monitor is currently available in Britain. This device is currently on pre-order but the pre-order shipments will commence from September 1. Furthermore, this device has a pre-order price of £599.99. The Huawei MateView series of high-end monitors include MateView and MateView GT, which are aimed at productivity and e-sports respectively.
Among them, the Huawei MateView display also adopts a four-sided narrow frame design, with a 94% screen-to-body ratio, a 3:2 screen ratio, and a 3840×2560 resolution. This device has a screen panel thickness of 12.8mm as well as a one-handed adjustable pitch. Furthermore, in terms of colour, Huawei’s MateView display has DCI-P3 color gamut coverage. This display has also passed HDR400 certification and supports up to 500nit brightness.
In addition, the Huawei MateView display is equipped with 5W×2 speakers, supports Type-C first-line connection, and can power laptops and mobile phones when in use, with a maximum power of 65W. See the full specification of this device below
- Display: 28.2 inches 6oHz display with 3840 x 2560 resolution and 94% screen-to-body ratio. Colour Accuracy ΔE<2, 3:2 aspect ratio, HDR 400, IPS, 500 nits typical brightness, IPS, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light, and Flicker-Free certification 1200:1 (typical) contrast ratio, 98 % DCI-P3 (typical) / Covers 100 % sRGB colour gamut.
- Smart Bar: Confirm: tap once; Back: tap twice; Volume control: swipe with one finger; Input source: swipe with two fingers
- Supports Keyboard and mouse control
- Height adjustment: 110 mm (±5 mm)
- Tilt: -5° to 18° (±2°) forward and backward
- Ports: USB-C x 1 (only for 135 W power supply), USB-C x 1 (supports display, data transfer, and 65W max. charging power), USB-A 3.0 x 2, HDMI 2.0 x 1, MiniDP x 1 (DP1.2), 3.5 mm headset and microphone 2-in-1 jack x 1
- Connections: Supports wireless projection (Only available on the wireless version model (HSN-CBA).
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (*Only available on the wireless version model (HSN-CBA).
- WLAN band: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (Only available on the wireless version model (HSN-CBA).
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1 (Only available on the wireless version model (HSN-CBA).
- Wired projection: Supports wired projection
- Microphone: DMIC x 2 (supports 4-meter far-field voice pickup)
- Speaker quantity: Speaker x 2
- Speaker power: 5 W x 2 (rated power)
Other important notes
ΔE<2 (indicates the average colour standard value in the DCI-P3 colour gamut, and ΔE<1 indicates the average colour standard value in the sRGB colour gamut).
The maximum external charging power is 65W. However, the external charging power may be reduced due to the environmental temperature in the usage scenario. Also, the actual external charging power is subject to the charging capacity of the connected USB-C device.
The maximum resolution and refresh rate from HDMI 2.0 port is 3840 x 2560@50 Hz.