Yesterday, Cui Baoqiu, an executive of Xiaomi Group, forwarded a Weibo post of Xiaomi Group Chairman and CEO, Lei Jun, and pointed out that the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 is still in short supply and is too popular. At the Lei Jun annual public speech, Xiaomi officially unveiled the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series. This series has two models including the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 and Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro. The Pro version has a model that supports 5G network.
However, it has been pretty difficult to purchase these products as they go it of stick swiftly. While the Mi Pad 5 comes with a Snapdragon 860 chip, the Pad 5 Pro uses a Snapdragon 870 processor. The battery of the Pad 5 is 8600mAh (which supports a 67W flash charge) while the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro uses an 8720mAh that supports a 33W flash charge.
In addition, both the Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro use a large 11-inch LCD screen. The display has a resolution of 2560×1600, a 120Hz refresh rate, and support split-screen functions. The screen also supports hardware anti-blue light and has passed the TÜV Rheinland Low Blu-ray certification.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of software, Lei Jun said that at the end of this year, Mi Pad 5 will be compatible with at least 2,000 applications. Furthermore, the MIUI team is currently making every effort to improve the tablet ecosystem.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro specifications
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True color display, Hardware-level blue light reduction, TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification
- Mi Pad 5 – Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X (LPDDR5 in Pro) RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13MP (50MP 1/2.5″ sensor in Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G) rear camera, 5MP depth sensor (Mi Pad 5 Pro only), 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Mi Pad 5 Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25mmx6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- Mi Pad 5 Pro Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25×6.86mm; Weight: 515g / 518g (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers in Mi Pad 5, 8 Speakers in Mi Pad 5 Pro
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8,600mAh battery with 67W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 67 min