Today, Oppo held a new product launch conference and the protagonist of the event is the Oppo K9 Pro. This smartphone comes with MediaTek’s flagship processor, Dimensity 1200 SoC. The Oppo K9 Pro uses an AMOLED high-definition large screen with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz. This display boasts a screen-to-body ratio of 91.7%. In terms of colour, it supports 100% DCI-P3 wide colour gamut, HDR10, and the colour display is more realistic. The weight of this smartphone is about 180g, and the thickness is only 8.5mm.
This new flagship smartphone supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology, offering a faster and more stable network speed. At the same time, it supports dual 5G and Smart5G technologies. It also supports a smart and non-inductive switching between 4G and 5G networks. Oppo K9 Pro also has a full-feature NFC which works seamlessly in China.
The Oppo K9 Pro Dimensity 1200 is a 6nm low-power chip with a maximum clock speed of 3.0GHz. Its performance is 22% better than the previous generation and the efficiency is also 25% better. According to AnTuTu, the running score of this chip hits 710,000 points. Back to the Oppo K9 Pro, it comes with a 4500 mAh battery that supports 60W super flash charging.
In order to increase the performance of the smartphone, the Oppo used two large-size graphite heat sinks for heat dissipation. This optimizes the innovative graphite sintering process to increase the thermal conductivity of the overall heat sink. However, the heat sink maintains a thickness of 0.1 mm, and the heat dissipation effect is 30% better.
In the camera department, the Oppo K9 Pro comes with a 64MP main camera in a triple rear camera setup. This device also uses a8MP ultra-wide-angle lense as well as a 2MP macro camera. The front camera is a 16MP high-definition camera that supports AI Radiance Beauty 2.0, making selfies more vivid and natural.
OPPO K9 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 158.7×73.5×8.5mm; Weight:180g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) battery with 60W fast charging
The Oppo K9 Pro will hit the shelf on September 30th. Here are the prices for the different models
- 8GB + 128GB – 2,199 yuan ($340)
- 12 + 256GB – 2,699 yuan ($417)
However, users who partake in the pre-orders will get a 200 yuan ($31) discount to take the starting price to 1999 yuan ($309)