A few days ago, Xiaomi officially released a brand new series of mobile phones, the Xiaomi Civi. This new series focuses on lightness, beauty, and photography. Furthermore, the company considers this series as the most beautiful Xiaomi smartphone in its history. However, the current Xiaomi Civi is a mid-range smartphone that comes with the Snapdragon 778G. Nevertheless, there are reports that there will be a brand-new model with an identical appearance but with a higher configuration.
According to the network access information, the model number is “2109119BC”. This device comes with a 6.55-inch OLED screen that supports a resolution of 3840 x 2160. Furthermore, TENAA’s listing also shows that this device will come with a 4400 mAh battery and an eight-core chipset that clocks at 2.4GHz. In addition, it will have 6GB/8GB/12GB/16GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB/512GB of built-in storage.
Gizchina News of the week
The overall configuration of this smartphone is high, perhaps a flagship model. Also, because this device looks like the Xiaomi Civi, many people consider it to be the Xiaomi Civi Pro. However, a Xiaomi executive has now refuted these claims. This morning, Wang Hua, the head of Xiaomi’s public relations, responded to the news on Weibo, saying: “It seems that everyone likes huge supplements. I think too much, but I have never heard of it.”
His Weibo post clearly denies knowledge of any flagship Xiaomi Civi Pro. This means that there should be no plans for this model and the top configuration flagship of this 4K screen smartphone will not launch. However, we can not completely rule out the certification and TENAA listing of this model. Perhaps, Xiaomi has a smartphone in the works, not just a high-end Xiaomi Civi.
Xiaomi Civi specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 950nits brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, DCI-P3 color gamut, 0.32 JNCD, 0.36 DeltaE
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP autofocus front camera with f/2.4 aperture, dual soft LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-res audio
- Dimensions: 158.34×71.5x 6.98mm; Weight: 166g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 55W fast charging