This year, Xiaomi launched two smartphones in the MIX series. While one is a regular smartphone, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4, the other is a foldable smartphone, Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold. The foldable smartphone hit the shelf in the first half of the year while the MIX 4 arrived in the second half of the year. If Xiaomi is to continue the trend, that means the successor to the MIX Fold should be in the works by now. According to recent speculation from popular Weibo leakster, @DCS the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD iterative model is a full-height screen and it uses the under-screen camera technology.
We know that only the 6.52-inch external screen of the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD has a high refresh rate of 90Hz. The 8.01-inch internal screen has a refresh rate of 60Hz. It seems that both the internal and external screens of the Mi MIX FOLD iteration model will provide high refresh rate support. Furthermore, both displays will come with under-screen camera technology.
The currently Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 comes with under-screen camera technology. This technology makes the smartphone achieve a true full-screen form with no notch and no punch-hole. If the Xiaomi MI MIX FOLD iterative model uses this technology, coupled with the advantages of the large screen, the experience of watching movies and games will be more immersive. Of course, this device will become more expensive with these features.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- Internal Screen: 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate
- Internal Screen: 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- External Screen: 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens
- 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom
- 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0