This summer, Huawei officially released the much-anticipated flagship, the Huawei P50 series. This series comes with the flagship Kirin 9000 as well as the Snapdragon 888 SoC. Although the performance of this device is very strong, it does not support 5G network. This is a turn-off for many users especially in China where the 5G network is widespread. Huawei’s P50 series does not support 5G not only because of the chip baseband problem but also because of the RF antennas. This is the reason why the Kirin 9000 on the P50 series does not support 5G. However, it appears that the Huawei P50 Pro will support 5G network soon.
Originally, Huawei did not design a 4G version of the Kirin 9000. In fact, all the test models for the Kirin 9000 supports the 5G network. Since the launch of the Huawei P50 series, the company has been looking for a way around the 5G issues.
According to a recent leak, a test model of the Huawei P50 Pro shows that it comes with a complete radio frequency chip. The screenshot shows that one of the SIM slots support 2G to 5G network while the other SIM slot supports 2G to 4G networks. This smartphone also comes with Kirin 9000, HarmonyOS and the camera may also be an IMX700Y sensor.
Whether or not Huawei has a way around the 5G connectivity on this device remains to be seen. Furthermore, we can not ascertain the authenticity of these leaked images as of now. The Huawei P50 Pro currently on sale uses the Snapdragon 888 and HiSilicon Kirin 9000 chips to mix and match. Like we said earlier, both chips only support the 4G networks. It has a built-in 4360mAh battery which supports 66W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging.
Huawei P50 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2700 x 1224 Pixels) FHD+ curved OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU / HUAWEI Kirin 9000 4G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB /256GB / 512GB storage, 12GB RAM with 512GB storage
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM
- 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 40 MP True-Chrome Mono Camera with f/1.6 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP telephoto camera with 90mm focal length(3.9x magnification), digital zoom up to 2,700mm focal length (up to 200x), OIS, f/3.5 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP 100° autofocus front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 158.8 ×72.8 ×8.5mm; Weight: 195g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE,GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4360mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge wired fast charging, 50W HUAWEI SuperCharge wireless fast charging