Redmi’s digital series is the company’s entry-level smartphones. The Chinese manufacturer unveiled the Redmi 9 on June 24, 2020. This smartphone comes with a 799 yuan ($125) starting price. This smartphone has been in the market for almost a year and a half and there has been no report of its successor. Well, the Redmi 10 was released in Europe back in August. However, the Chinese version will continue from the Redmi 9. Following Redmi’s regular naming, this smartphone should be the Redmi 10.
According to popular tech Weibo blogger, @DCS, Redmi’s new 4G entry model is about to be released. Unfortunately, the “launching soon” news is the only report on the Redmi 10 for now. While this may not be much, it is encouraging to know that the company is working on the Redmi 10. There are folks who are not willing to spend more than $150 on a smartphone. The Redmi digital series gives them an option.
The Redmi 9 is positioned as a “five-star high-quality entry-level smartphone”. This device not only has an excellent configuration for its price range, it also passed some really rigorous tests. The Redmi 9 comes with a 6.53-inch LCD waterdrop screen with a resolution of 1080P. The screen has TUV Rheinland certification for low blue light protection. It also uses a high-performance gaming processor, MediaTek Helio G80. To keep its lights on, this smartphone comes with a 5020 mAh battery that supports 18W charging.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, Redmi 9 continues Redmi’s consistent high quality. The design is not the regular entry-level smartphone design with thick bezels. Furthermore, this smartphone also upgrades the charging port to the flagship USB Type-C. Also, the company reinforces the four corners of this smartphone which makes the device very tough. According to Redmi, the Redmi 9 passes the same standard tests as many flagship smartphones. In terms of its sturdiness, this device did not disappoint. Of course, we expect the Redmi 10 to offer more than its predecessor.
After a year and a half, the Redmi 10 will finally arrive. Not surprisingly, this will be Redmi’s new generation of hundred yuan models. This means that this device should have a starting price of less than 999 yuan ($156).
Redmi 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra-linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging