Today, MediaTek officially released the much-talked-about Dimensity 9000 5G flagship mobile processor. The Dimensity 9000 chip uses TSMC’s 4nm process + Armv9 architecture combination and has a high-performing Cortex-X2 super-large core.
Here are the cores of this flagship processor
- Super-Large core – 1 Arm Cortex-X2 core, frequency 3.05GHz
- Large core – 3 Arm Cortex-A710 cores, frequency 2.85GHz
- Small core – 4 Arm Cortex-A510 energy efficiency cores
- Support LPDDR5X memory, the speed can reach 7500Mbps.
Dimensity 9000 supports up to 320MP camera
Dimensity 9000 adopts a flagship 18-bit HDR-ISP image signal processor. This technology can shoot HDR video with three cameras at the same time. Furthermore, the chip has a low power consumption performance.
- High-performance ISP processing speed up to 9 billion pixels/sec supports three cameras
- Process 18-bit HDR video and support triple exposure for triple cameras
- It can support up to 320MP camera
In terms of Al, Dimensity 9000 uses MediaTek’s fifth-generation Al processor APU. This is 4 times more energy-efficient than the previous generation. It can provide a high-efficiency AI experience for shooting, gaming, video, and other applications.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of games, Dimensity 9000 uses Arm Mali-G710 graphics processor and launched a mobile ray tracing SDK kit. This includes Arm Mali-G710 ten-core GPU, mobile ray-tracing graphics rendering technology, support 180Hz FHD+ display.
In addition, Dimensity 9000 has a built-in M80 5G modem, which complies with the new generation of 3GPP R16 5G standards. It also supports Sub-6GHz 5G full-band network, which can greatly reduce communication power consumption while increasing network speed.
- 3CC multi-carrier aggregation 300MHz downlink rate up to 7Gbps
- It is the first to support R16 super uplink, including two technical solutions, supplementary uplink and uplink carrier aggregation.
In terms of wireless network and audio technology, Dimensity 9000 supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies with lower latency, including Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi6E 2×2 MIMO, the upcoming Bluetooth LEAudio (dual-link true wireless stereo support) as well as the new Beidou III-B1C GNSS.
Dimensity 9000 smartphones could cost as low as 1999 yuan ($313)
After the official launch of the Dimensity 9000 SoC, a couple of brands are gearing up to use this chip. According to reports, smartphones with this chip could cost as low as 1999 yuan ($313). After Redmi fans commented on this flagship processor, Lu Weibing, Redmi’s general manager said “Well, it’s almost time to buy a chip“. Redmi fans comment link this processor to the classic 1999 yuan ($313) price tag. Nevertheless, Lu Weibing still believes it’s time to buy a chip. This means that Redmi may release a really cheap flagship smartphone with this processor.
According to popular Weibo tech blogger, @DCS Redmi will test two MediaTek processors. However, the company will probably not be the first to use this chip.