After months of development and preparation, Oppo Find N is finally here as the Chinese brand’s first foldable smartphone. Interestingly, it’s one of the most exciting devices in the category since it has a gap-less folding screen, flagship specifications, and a compact size. Oppo had planned several things for the handset, but not all of them have launched with the actual product. Some simple things as more colorways were also scrapped during the development phase. The device only ships in three colors – Black, White, and Purple. However, the company was considering many other colors as a new leak reveals.
There is a stunning purple colorway with light-refracting properties. There is also a muted pink variant, a light blue model, a teal variant, and a beige colorway. Oppo was also planning vegan leather versions in grey, dark blue, and being black. Some of these unreleased models have different textured camera housings which make them really cool. Interestingly, it’s not a surprise to see the Vegan leather in Oppo’s workshop of ideas. After all, it was a predominant design language adopted in the Oppo Find X2 series. The faux leather added a cool feeling to the hand and also made the device more interesting. However, this didn’t make way to the Oppo Find N which reportedly was in development since the last year.
Gizchina News of the week
Oppo Find N specifications
- Main Display: 7.1-inch (1792 × 1920 pixels) WUSXGA 1-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 370 PPI, 8.4:9 aspect ratio, up to 1000 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3, 100% sRGB color gamut, SCHOTT UTG glass protection
- Outer Display: 5.49-inch (1972 × 988 pixels) FHD+ 60Hz refresh rate, 402 PPI, 18:9 aspect ratio, up to 1000 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3, 100% sRGB color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- SoC: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 11 with ColorOS 12
- Rear camera: 50MP (primary wide-angle) f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX 766 sensor, OIS, 16MP (123° ultra-wide) f/2.2 aperture, 13MP (telephoto) f/2.4 aperture, 2x zoom, Samsung S5K3M5; LED flash, Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera (Inner + outer): 32MP with f/2.4 aperture, Sony IMX615 sensor
- Fingerprint: Side-mounted
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS L1+L5, GALILEO: E1+E5a, Beidou: B1l+B1c+B2a, QZSS: L1+L5
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 132.6×73×15.9mm; Weight: 275 grams
- Battery: 4,500mAh (Typical) battery with 33W SUPERVOOC Flash Charge for 0 to 55% in 30 minutes, 100% in 70 minutes, 15W AIRVOOC wireless charging (compatible with standard Qi), and 10W reverse wireless charging