Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, officially released the Xiaomi 12 series a few hours ago. This series comes with Qualcomm’s new generation Snapdragon 8 Gen1 flagship processor. The Xiaomi 12 Pro is even more extreme than the standard version. According to official data, the Xiaomi 12 Pro AnTuTu score exceeds 1 million points. Specifically, this device scores 1,070,033 which is about 45,000 points higher than the 1.02-1.03 million points of the engineering model. Compared with the 759,000 points of Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro with Snapdragon 888, the Xiaomi 12 Pro has a 41% performance increase. In recent years, such performance increase is not common.
The Xiaomi 12 Pro supports multiple performance modes and the temperature for each mode is different. This device has balance mode, regular mode, and extreme mode.
This mode satisfies daily use and has excellent temperature control performance. The average temperature when using WeChat chat is 29.7°C while online video is 29.4°C. Also, when using online shopping websites, the temperature is 32.8°C while news website is only 29.6°C hot.
Regular (performance) mode:
Although this is not a gaming mode, it is suitable for playing games. The 30-minute test of “Honor of Kings” has an average frame rate of 119.9FPS and a temperature of 43.5°C.
This mode is for gaming enthusiasts and after running “Yuan Shen” for 30 minutes, this device has a temperature limit of 48°C. The average frame rate is 57FPS.
In order to release the performance potential of the new Snapdragon 8 Gen1, the heat dissipation design of the Xiaomi 12 Pro is very luxurious. This smartphone comes with a layer of 2900 square millimeters super VC cooling plate as well as three layers of graphite with an area of 5727 square millimeters, 4700 square millimeters, and 429 square millimeters respectively.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) 2K AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP Samsung JN1 115° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Samsung JN1 2x portrait camera with f/1.9 aperture, 48mm focal length, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.6×74.6×8.16mm; Weight: 205g (glass) / 204g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable