According to SamMobile, today, Samsung released a stable update of Android 12 for the Samsung Galaxy S10 series. However, this update is only available in some markets. According to reports, Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e, and Galaxy S10+ have received One UI 4.0 on top of Android in Germany. The newly updated firmware version is G97xFXXUEGULB, and it includes security patches that fix various privacy and security vulnerabilities in December 2021. In the next few days, the company may release the Android 12 upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy S10 series in more markets. In addition, Samsung may soon release the One UI 4.0 update for the Galaxy Note 10 series.
A few days ago, the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 with Android 12 appeared on GeekBench. This sparks speculations that Samsung is developing One UI 4.0 on top of Android 12 for its old flagships. Apparently, the speculations are true and the update is now rolling out.
In March 2019, Samsung held a Samsung Galaxy S10 series mobile phone conference in Wuzhen. Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is equipped with a 6.7-inch curved AMOLED display screen with 1440P+ resolution. It is the first batch of devices that support HDR10+, and it is also the first batch of mobile phones to use an ultrasonic fingerprint reader. This phone also comes with Snapdragon 855 / Exynos 9820 chipset, 8GB RAM, and 256GB storage space. Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is Samsung’s first 5G mobile phone that supports mmWave and networks below 6GHz, and its Wi-Fi 6 can also be used for 1.2Gbps local connections.
Samsung Galaxy S10 specifications
- 6.1-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 550ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) – Upgradable to Android 12
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS. 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture. 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV (S10+ only)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor. Also has Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimensions: 149.9×70.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 157g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3,400mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare