A few days ago, Lu Weibing officially announced that Redmi will officially release the new Redmi K50 series next month. However, before the official launch of the Redmi K50 series, its predecessor, the Redmi K40 series has ushered in a wave of historically low prices for inventory clearance. A few days ago, the Redmi K40 Pro got a price cut plunging its price to 2799 yuan ($439). Now, the Redmi K40 12GB version on JD.com is selling for only 1840 yuan ($289). The regular price is 2099 yuan ($329) and there is a 99 yuan ($16) coupon. In addition, JD Plus members can get an additional 160 yuan ($25) coupon to take the price to 1840 yuan ($289). This can easily pass as the most cost-effective flagship smartphone at the moment.
In terms of configuration, the Redmi K40 comes with a 6.67-inch center punch-hole screen. It also uses the popular Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor. After a year of market testing, this is also the most popular flagship chip at present, with a good balance of performance, power consumption, and heat generation. The Redmi K40 series also uses an E4 AMOLED screen, which is good in terms of brightness, contrast, color accuracy, and color performance. It also supports a 120Hz ultra-high refresh rate, 360Hz three-finger touch, and the game experience is more comfortable with the straight screen design.
In terms of images, Redmi K40 uses a 48-megapixel IMX582 main camera. It also comes with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle and a 5-megapixel telephoto macro. Under the hood, this smartphone has a 4520 mAh battery to keep its lights on. It also supports 33W fast charging.
Redmi K40 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEM., 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash. 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture. 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging