OnePlus has announced the complete end of software support for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, which were released in 2018. Now, these models will not receive updates to the Android operating system and they will not receive security patches. This is stated on the official website of the company:
“After 3 major updates and over 3 years of security updates, around 60 closed betas and over 30 open betas, it’s time to close the chapter and announce the end of official software support for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T,” the company’s forum said.
These models hit the market over three years ago with Android 8.1 Oreo and have since received three major updates. OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T owners can only expect to upgrade to Android 12 thanks to custom ROMs.
Recall that the OnePlus 6 was available since May 2018, which offers a 6.28-inch display with a resolution of 2280×1080 pixels, a Snapdragon 845 processor, 6/8 GB of RAM, 64/128/256 GB of memory, a 3300 mAh battery with a fast 20- watt charging and a dual main camera of 20 MP + 16 MP.
OnePlus 6T differs from the usual six in the presence of a 3700 mAh battery, a fingerprint scanner built into the display and the screen size has been increased to 6.41 inches.
Gizchina News of the week
OnePlus 10 series
It is worth mentioning that last week, OnePlus has release the OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone. This is the first OnePlus flagship with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen1 processor. According to the company, this smartphone has the largest appearance breakthrough in the history of OnePlus design. From the punch-hole to the rear camera module have something different.
As the pioneer of high refresh rate, the OnePlus 10 Pro also inherits an ultra-high-quality 6.7-inch screen. It uses Samsung’s top-level screen with 2K+ ultra-clear resolution and a 120Hz LTPO adaptive screen refresh rate. The display also supports native 10-bit color, 1300 nits peak, HDR10+ certification, and 1000Hz extreme touch sampling rate (in some game scenarios).
OnePlus 10 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 3D flexible curved AMOLED, LTPO 2.0, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (in China) / OxygenOS 12 (Global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS; 50MP 150° ultra-wide with 1/2.76″ Samsung JN1 sensor; 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS 3.3x optical zoom
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Port, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dual Microphone, Noise Cancelling Microphone
- Dimensions: 163x 73.9 x 8.55mm; Weight: 200.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO,; Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging