Yesterday, the OnePlus 10 Pro premiered in white. The company did its best to explain how cool it was that it was able to create a flagship in a white robe. Its engineers have worked hard for three months to create a snow-white case and tested more than 100 shades. But they better take care of the durability of the OnePlus 10 Pro.
Even though the flagship is only available in China, smartphone destroyer and channel owner JerryRigEverything managed to get it to test. A well-known electronics tormentor decided to test the OnePlus 10 Pro for what it has to offer in terms of reliability and durability. And according to the results of the test, the flagship claims to fill up the “hall of fame” of outsiders and get the title of the most fragile smartphone of this year.
And everything started well. The scratch resistance test showed that the protective glass of the screen is scratched when using a stick with the sixth level of hardness on the Mohs scale. Setting fire to the display is an empty undertaking, it does not burn, but the fire spoiled its appearance. But the OnePlus 10 Pro’s main fold test failed.
The smartphone broke in the area under the huge block of the main camera, the frame was bent, and the glass back cover cracked, covered with a “spider web”. It cannot be said that the Youtuber easily managed to break the resistance of the case, but the fact remains that with due effort, you can bend the case with your bare hands.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone:
OnePlus 10 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 3D flexible curved AMOLED, LTPO 2.0, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (in China) / OxygenOS 12 (Global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS; 50MP 150° ultra-wide with 1/2.76″ Samsung JN1 sensor; 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS 3.3x optical zoom
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Port, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dual Microphone, Noise Cancelling Microphone
- Dimensions: 163x 73.9 x 8.55mm; Weight: 200.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO; Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging