Since the advent of the pandemic and subsequent lockdown, the tablet market has been lucrative. This is now more demand for very large display devices, something that the largest smartphones cant handle. To this end, many smartphone brands are joining the tablet market. Oppo is one of such brands and it seems to have started on the right note. On March 3, Oppo Pad was officially sold for the first time. On its first sales, it was the best selling brand and has the highest sales volume on the Jingdong platform. The starting price of this new tablet 6GB + 128GB model is 2199 yuan ($348).
As of now, the second round of sales is already slated for March 6th. The device is currently on pre-sale again. With a deposit of 100 yuan ($16), users can get a 200 yuan ($32) coupon. This means that the buyer will get a 100 yuan ($16) discount. This tablet is available in Aurora Purple and Black colours.
In terms of core configuration, the Oppo Pad uses an 11-inch display with a resolution of 2560 × 1600. It comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 flagship processor. In the camera department, it has an 8-megapixel front and a 13-megapixel rear. The battery capacity is 8360 mAh and it supports 33W fast charging.
In addition, the Oppo Pad pre-installs ColorOS for Pad operating system. This system adds a parallel window that supports the simultaneous display of two levels of pages in an application. The directory will be on the left and the content on the right. This makes it convenient for quick access and efficient reply.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, Oppo Pad supports a two-finger split-screen feature. It can also open two apps on the split-screen at the same time.
OPPO Pad specifications
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 display with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480 nits brightness, 2048-level intelligent backlight, TÜV Rheinland low blue light certification
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 12 for tablet
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 252.2×163.8mx6.99mm (Black and Silver) / 7.05mm (Purple);Weight: 507g (black and silver) / 510g (purple)
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C
- 8360mAh battery with SuperVOOC 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
- 6GB+128GB – 2299 yuan ($ 363)
- 6GB+256GB – 2699 yuan ($ 426)
- 8GB+256GB – 2999 yuan ($ 473)
- 8GB+256GB James Jean Artist Limited Edition with custom stylus and fine leather case – 3499 yuan ($ 552)