Samsung launched the new “Onyx” model of the Galaxy Buds2 in South Korea. The headset features an all-black colour scheme and a metal finish. Furthermore, the charging box is also black inside and out. The new Samsung Galaxy Buds2 officially hit the market today and the starting price is 149,000 won ($118). The Galaxy Buds2 earphone was officially released with the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G back in August last year. At the time, it was available in four colours including white, graphite, olive and lavender.
In terms of design, the Samsung Galaxy Buds2 features an in-ear design with silicone earbud covers. Its charging box is two-colour inside and outside, and the inner colour is the same as the earphone.
The Samsung Galaxy Buds2 each has two-way dynamic speakers that are said to deliver crisp, clear highs and lows. The headphones also support Active Noise Cancellation, which cuts out 98% of external noise. The Samsung Galaxy Buds2 support three different levels of ambient sound, and the headset will use machine learning and three microphones to provide a better calling experience.
In terms of battery life, Samsung claims that the Galaxy Buds2 can provide 5 hours of battery life on a single charge with ANC turned on. Furthermore, the charging box can provide an additional 15 hours of battery life.
At present, the promotional price of Galaxy Buds2 on Samsung China’s official website is 649 yuan ($98).
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 specifications
- Driver unit: 2-way (Woofer + Tweeter)
- Microphones: 3 mics (2 outer + 1 inner)
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- Machine learning-based solution for voice calls
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2
- Supported Codecs: AAC, SBC, Scalable (Samsung proprietary)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Hall, Touch, Voice Pickup Unit (VPU)
- IPX2 Splash resistant
- Dimensions: Earbuds: 17.0x 20.9x 21.1mm; Weight: 5g
- Charging case: 50x 27.8x 50.2mm; Weight: 41.2g
- Battery: Earbuds – 61mAh; Charging Case – 472mAh
- Play Time: 5 hours (buds) / 20hours (case) with ANC ON, 7.5 hours (buds) / 29 hours (case) with ANC OFF; Qi Wireless Charging, Fast charging: 1 hour of playtime with 5 minutes of charging
This new all-black colour option is the same as the previous options. It comes with an iconic curved shape and the Galaxy Wearable app has the ‘Earbud fit test’ to ensure that it fits your ears. This device comes with a 61 mAh battery. When ANC is off, this battery can deliver up to 7.5 hours of battery life. In addition, this device also supports fast charging. According to the company, a five minutes charge can give users up to 1 hour of playback.