Chinese manufacturer, Redmi released a new tablet called the Redmi Pad. Recently, the first-ever omnichannel sales of this tablet exceeds 75,000 units. This is Redmi’s first tablet with a 90Hz high-brush eye protection screen and an all-metal body. This device also comes with 4GB of RAM as well as 128GB of internal storage. There is also a 6GB RAM + 128GB storage version, These two versions cost 1199 yuan ($165) and 1399 yuan ($192) respectively.
The Redmi Pad comes in three colours including dark grey, silver, and smoky green. This device is 7.05mm thick and weighs 445g. It also comes with an all-metal unibody. The tablet also comes with a MediaTek Helio G99 chip with LPDDR4X memory + UFS 2.2 flash memory. Furthermore, this tablet supports MicroSD card expansion of 1TB storage.
Gizchina News of the week
The Redmi Pad also uses a 10.61-inch 2000×1200 LCD screen, supports 90Hz refresh rate, 400nit brightness, 10bit colour depth, supports DC dimming, and has a frame width of 7.05mm. Under the hood, this device also uses an 8000 mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging. This device also comes with four Dolby speakers, dual microphones, dual Hi-Res certification, an 8MP front-facing horizontally centred lens, and a rear 8MP single camera. It runs on the Android 12-based MIUI 13 For Pad system.
Redmi Pad specifications
- 10.61-inch (2000x 1200) 10-bit LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 70% NTSC color gamut, 400 nits brightness, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G99 6nm processor (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz) with Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13 for Pad
- 8MP rear camera with Full HD video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with 105° FOV
- Dimensions: 250.5×158.1×7.1mm; Weight: 465g
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, Quad Speakers, dual microphones
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C
- 8,000mAh battery with support for 18W charging