Fancy some giving your Honeycomb-tastic Motorola Xoom some hot ROOT action? Follow these simple steps to Root your Motorola Xoom tablet and unleash it’s potential!
Before we start let’s make a few things clear:
- This WILL void your warranty.
- You attempt this at your own risk.
- We have not personally tried these methods but have been assured they work by the XDA Dev teams.
Before you get started choose which file you want to install. One of the files allows your Xoom to be Rooted and Unrooted, while the other file only allow for rooting. From the info we have received it seems the only differences other than the ability to reverse the rooting process is the file size.
Once your ready to root your Xoom Follow these steps:
To get started:
- Go into Settings > Applications> Development> and make sure that USB Debugging has been checked.
To use (Windows only):
- Download the file of your choice
- Unzip the file to a directory.
- Double click on the RootMyXoom EXE file
- Follow the instructions.
- You’re done!
To download the files needed head over to the XDA Developers forum.