OnePlus promised that Android 5.0 would be made available for the OnePlus One as soon as possible but we didn’t expect downloads links so soon!
Ok so this might not be an official Android 5.0 ROM for the OnePlus One, but thanks to savvy developers you can get Lollipop on your OPO right now. I haven’t tested the ROM myself as I don’t have a OPO handy but looking at the screenshots the ROM appears to be a stand Vanilla build!
Installing Android 5.0 Lollipop couldn’t be easier simply follow these steps:
- Download Android 5.0 Lollipop for the OnePlus One here.
- Copy to your SD card (do not unzip).
- Turn off the phone and press down volume+ and the power button to access recovery.
- Select clear data/factory reset (you will want to back up your data via your preferred method).
- Select the update from SD card (or similar)
- Choose the .zip downloaded in step 1
- Wait for the update to complete and restart your phone!
Remember that this is an unofficial update so please be careful and if you choose to use it do so at your own risk!