Infinix Mobility, one of Transsion Holdings sub-brand, back in February announced the Infinix Hot S3, a budget phone targeted at selfie freaks and those in search of a long last battery. The device at launch boots Android Oreo out of the box and had only the fingerprint unlock feature, but the company as of today is now rolling out a new software update that brings about some improvements.
At 531MB, the latest update which is currently rolling out via over-the-air (OTA) update with the version X573-QL-1668DEF-O-IN-180313V30 brings the Face unlock feature which enables you to unlock the device with just a glance alongside the March security update. The changelog also includes an update to Google GMS Package, battery life improvements, camera effect optimization and system stability as well as performance improvements.
More information on how you can manually activate the new face unlock for the Infinix Hot S3 is highlighted below;
Gizchina News of the week
- Step 1: Go to Settings and click on Security & location, select Face ID
- Step 2: Set up a lock screen passcode and click on “Go to set up lockscreen passcode
- Step 3: Select one of the option from Pattern, PIN or Password as your Unlock Selection
- Step 4: Enter your 4 digit PIN and click on “Continue”
- Step 5: Click on Yes for Secure Start-up
- Step 6: In the face ID window, add Face ID,
- Step 7: You are in Face ID window now. Click on “Add Face ID”, scan your face within the circle. After complete scan, it will show “Face ID successfully enrolled”
- Step 8: Your Face ID has been set up successfully.
- Step 9: to check it, Lock your phone, press the power button, and bring your phone in front of your face, click on the power button and your device will be unlocked.
The device is available in 3GB RAM and the 4GB RAM variants and available in India exclusively from Flipkart at Rs. 8999 and Rs. 10,999 respectively.