The Vivo Y85 which first popped up online a few days back is still not official, but it appears it won’t be long before the device is unveiled. Online retailer JD.com now has the device listed on its website for reservations.
The device will be offered in 32 GB and 64 GB storage variants which are priced at 1,598 Yuan (~$252) and 1,798 Yuan (~$284) respectively, but vivo will be giving out free Bluetooth speakers to those that will be booking the device. JD does not state the release date, but there are speculations that the device will start shipping from March 28.
The Vivo Y85 has almost the same screen size as the newly unveiled VIVO X21 – featuring a has a 6.26-inch IPS LCD display with a display notch and a 19:9 aspect ratio. Available in Black and Champagne Gold, with a profile of 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm, the vivo Y85 comes fitted with a nonremovable 3,260mAh battery.
The device is powered by the Snapdragon 450 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM, 32 GB and 64 GB storage options with support for memory expansion via microSD card. It features dual rear cameras with a 13-megapixel primary sensor with f/2.0 aperture along with a 2-megapixel secondary rear camera with f/2.0 aperture. It has a 16MP front shooter that serves as Face Awake feature for facial recognition as well as with AI scene recognition for enhanced selfies.
Vivo Y85 specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels), 19:9 IPS LCD display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 450
- 4B RAM, 64GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM, dedicated microSD
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with autofocus; Make-up; Continuous shooting; Panorama; Filter; PDAF
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, Autofocus; Make-up; Continuous shooting; Panorama; Filter; PDAF
- Rear Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, micro USB,OTG
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth ,GPS