In order to produce always slimmer and more portable devices, most electronics have decided to just remove some ports on their products. This means that, some times, to connect an older USB device, you will need an adapter. If you’ve no idea what to get and only care about having one that simply works, then check out this latest gadget from dodocool; keep reading!
The dodocool DC18 is a 3-port USB hub with an additional RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port. The accessory uses an high speed 3.0 USB port and multiplies them by 3, always using the USB 3.0 standard. That means transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, which is around 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
As far as the RJ45 port goes, it supports 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet networks. As you can see, the gadget is very compact and will work on any USB-enabled device.
dodocool DC18 Specifications
- Material: ABS + PC
- Interface: 1 * USB 3.0 Type-A connector 3 * USB 3.0 Type-A ports 1 * Gigabit Ethernet port
- Data transfer rates: Up to 5 Gbps
- Note: The actual transmission speed is limited by the settings of computers and connected devices.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1
- Compatible operating system: For Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 and OS X El Capitan / OS X Yosemite / OS X Mavericks and more
- Certifications: CE, FCC, RoHS
- Warranty: 12 months limited warranty
- Item size: Approx. 4.14 * 1.82 * 0.81 in / 105.07 * 46.22 * 20.58 mm (L * W * H)
- Item weight: Approx. 2.22oz / 63g