Huawei has announced the availability of the successor to last year’s watch 2 and 2 classic – dubbed the Huawei Watch 2 (2018). The Huawei Watch 2 (2018) features the same design as the watch 2 but has dropped the nano-SIM support for eSIM that connects it to 4G networks, so you can not only just send SMS, you can now call, and use 4G for apps without connecting it to a phone. The watch 2 (2018) much like last years edition is available in a more affordable Bluetooth-only version. To ensure clarity, you can hook the watch with a Bluetooth headset, or rely on its dual microphones.
The watch 3 has a convenience key that primarily gives you instant access to mode to make a quick selection of exercise, but can be customized to take on another app. Aside from tracking track your heart rate during exercises, monitoring the quality of sleep, the Huawei watch 3 also get a built-in GPS and the FIRSTBEAT motion algorithm that offers training plan and exercise guidance.
The watch has a circular 1.2” OLED screen with 390 x 390 px resolution and protected with Gorilla glass. It has the IP68 waterproof rating and powering it is the Snapdragon 2100 chipset coupled with 768 RAM and 4GB storage.
Gizchina News of the week
Much like the previous model, the Huawei watch 2 (2018) supports Huawei and Ali Pay, plus the WeChat system and is powered by a 420mAh battery with Fast charging. Huawei claims that can serve you up to 1 and a half days on a normal workout, while it drops to 24hrs on 4G.
Huawei Watch 2 (2018) specifications
- 1.2-inch (390×390) circular AMOLED display with 328 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- 768MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Android Wear 2.0, supports Android 4.3+, iOS 8.2+
- Sensors: 3-axis A + G sensor, 3-axis Gyroscope, 3-axis Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer, Heart Rate Sensor (PPG)
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68)
- 4G LTE with voice calling via eSIM , WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS+Beidou, NFC
- 420mAh battery, with Fast charging, 100minutes to completely charge
The Huawei Watch 2 (2018) is available in China via Vmall in Carbon Black, Vibrant Orange and Star Grey color option at 1988 Yuan (US$ 310 / Rs. 20,950 approx.) for eSIM model, while the Bluetooth only model goes for 1538 Yuan (US$ / Rs. 16,210 approx.)