Big party for the developers today, they will be able to install on their devices the GM (golden master) version of iOS 12, tvOS 12 and watchOS 5. This Versions will also be provided to testers registered in the public beta program (for iOS and tvOS). These GMs are normally the last version before the final release of the operating systems which will be available next Monday September 17th.
Apple has announced the release date for its upcoming iOS 12 on its event today. But you don’t have to wait until then; you can install the GM version of iOS 12 starting today and gain access to improved notifications, Memoji, Screen Time, Siri Shortcuts, and other new features that are included in the update. Remember that iOS 12 is supposed to improve performance and responsiveness on iPhones both old and new.
Gizchina News of the week
How to install the iOS 12 GM release :
- Visit beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram. (It’s best to do this directly from the iPhone or iPad you’ll be updating to iOS 12.)
- Choose “sign up” and log in with your Apple ID. Agree to the usual terms and conditions.
- From here, select the iOS tab, where you’ll see the option to download the beta profile onto your device. Do that.
- Choose install” You’ll be asked to enter your iOS device passcode and tap through a few screens.
- Eventually, your iPhone will restart. After that happens, you can go to settings, check for an update, and you should see the iOS 12 update come up. Download and install it as you would with any other iOS release.
supported devices :
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch, 10.5-inch, 12.9-inch)
- iPad (2018)
- iPad (fifth-gen)
- iPad Air and iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 2, 3, and 4
- iPod Touch (sixth-gen)
It is worth to mention that Apple has officially announced The Apple Watch Series 4 on its event today alongside with three iPhone models iPhone Xs (5.8-inch), iPhone Xs Max (6.5-inch) and iPhone Xr (6.1-inch).