The Nokia 7.1 is finally here
Nokia’s next device has seen some heavy leaks the past week, but now it’s finally here. The new Nokia 7.1 is a mid-range device that picks up from last year’s Nokia 7, and it’s specced as such. Its specs aren’t where the device excels though, but rather the software promises and display technology.
The Nokia 7.1 sports an all-glass design with an aluminum frame, though it’s somewhat boring. Not that it’s bad looking, it’s a handsome device, but it resembles a lot of other devices. Putting that aside, the device has a notch and a chin around the display, and they’re not exactly inconspicuous with it.
When it came to the display, HMD Global had some big announcements to make. The new 5.84-inch 2280 x 1080 is the company’s first PureDisplay screen, and it comes with HDR10 support and SDR to HDR upscaling. The device ships with Android 8.1, but an update will apparently come in November to bring the device Android 9.0 Pie.
The Nokia 7.1 is also an Android Enterprise Recommended phone, along with the other Nokia devices already on that list. Outside of that, it’s really nothing too out of the ordinary for a mid-range device. The rest of the specs can be seen down below.
Nokia 7.1 Specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280 x 1080) PureDisplay LCD notched display, 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D Gorlla Glass 3, HDR10, SDR to HDR
- Snapdragon 636 (8 x 1.8GHz Kryo 260) with Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB internal storage with expandable storage (up to 400GB)
- 12MP 1.28 micron, f/1.8 aperture sensor + 5MP f/2.4 aperture sensor rear camera with Zeiss optics, dual PDAF, HDR, Portrait mode, Pro mode, EIS
- 8MP f/2.0 front-facing camera
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Android 9 coming in November (Android One)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO,
- Rear-facing fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm
- Weight: 160g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS, NFC, CAT6 Modem
- Dual SIM slots (hybrid tray)
- 3,060mAh adaptive battery
- Colors: Gloss Midnight Blue, Gloss Midnight Steel
The Nokia 7.1 3GB/32GB goes up for pre-order on the 5th of October for $349 in the US. Europeans get more options with the 3GB/32GB going for €319 ($369) and the 4GB/64GB model going for €349 euros ($404)