Xiaomi has just announced its next-generation Note, the Redmi Note 6 Pro, for the Indian market. First launched a while back for the global market, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is a mild update to one of Xiaomi’s best seller – the Redmi Note 5 Pro. The major selling points of the device include its AI quad cameras set up, the Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform, and of course a large 400mAh battery.
Available in Black, Rose Gold, Blue, and Red color options, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is available to buy via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores across India at various price points. It will first go on sale on Friday at 12 PM on Flipkart through the Black Friday Sale before it will be made available to bu from Mi Preferred Stores and Mi Stores.
Speaking of the Black Friday sales, the Redmi Note 6 pro with 4GB and 6GB RAM will both get discounted Black Friday price of Rs. 12,999 (~$182) and Rs. 14,999 (~$210) respectively.HDFC Bank credit/debit card users get Rs. 500 off tomorrow.
After the Black Friday deals, the Redmi Note 6 Pro will continue to sell at Rs. 13,999(~$196) and Rs. 15,999 (~$229) for the 4GB and 6GB RAM options. And at that price, you will be getting a protective case in the box, Rs. 2400 instant cashback in the form of vouchers and up to 6TB Jio 4G data.
Measuring 157.9×76.4×8.26mm and weigh 182 grams, the Redmi Note 6 Pro flaunts a 6.26-inch Full HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) display with 19:9 aspect ratio and PPI of 403, and is powered by the same old Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
Gizchina News of the week
Inside the notched display, the Redmi Note 6 pro gets a 20-megapixel primary sensor (with 1.8-micron pixels) and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor, with support for 4-in-1 Super Pixel, AI Face Unlock, and AI Portrait Selfie (with real-time portrait preview), AI Beautify, as well as AI Scene Detection, while a similar setup with a 12-megapixel primary sensor – coupled with f/1.9 aperture and 1.4-micron pixel size – and a 5-megapixel depth sensing secondary sensor sits on the flip side.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.38 x8.2mm; Weight: 182g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0