Meizu will be holding a launch event in India on December 6, and the Meizu 16 is expected to be the star of the event. But the Chinese firm might also have something else up its sleeve for the same date.
We say so because a new Meizu phone has just popped up on Amazon India, with a hint that it will go on sale in the country pretty soon. Dubbed the Meizu C9, the Amazon.in listing says the device will be available exclusively to Amazon, and will formally go on sale on December 5 at about 4 pm.
According to the listing on Amazon.in, the Meizu C9 will sport a 5.45-inch (1400 x 720 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 18:9 aspect ratio, and with bezels all round the display. Under the hood, the device houses a 1.3GHz Quad-core SC9832E processor with Mali-T720 GPU, 2GB RAM, and 16GB of storage expandable up to 128GB using an external card.
It will run pure Android 8 Oreo out of the box while boasting of a 3000mAh battery that should last you all day.
Meizu C9 specifications
- 5.45-inch (1400 x 720 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 350cd/m² brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.3GHz Quad-core SC9832E processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 146.4x 70x 8.5mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
The Meizu C9 is available only in Black and Gold colors in India, and as for pricing, Meizu is yet to reveal how much the Meizu C9 will sell for.