Today, Guo Ping, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Huawei, issued a 2019 New Year speech which specifically mentioned that Huawei is expected to achieve sales revenue of $108.5 billion in 2018. This represents an increase of 21% year-on-year. This will be the first time that Huawei’s annual revenue has exceeded the $100 billion mark. It is also the third company in the electronics industry to achieve this achievement after Samsung and Apple. Guo Ping also disclosed a couple of good achievements by the company this year
Gizchina News of the week
- Signed 26 5G commercial contracts with leading global operators
- 5G base stations have shipped more than 10,000 worldwide
- Smartphone shipments exceed 200 million units
- Product connections exceed 3 billion people
- Partnered with numerous cities for digital transformation
- PC business and IoT smart home ecology made a major breakthrough
- Huawei Cloud launched 18 categories and more than 140 cloud services and partners. Operates in 37 zones and 22 geographical regions around the world.
- Released AI strategy, full-stack full-scenario AI solution, including the world’s first rise-up series of chips covering full-field artificial intelligence, and corresponding products/cloud services
- In the information and communication technology industry (ICT), Huawei participated in numerous conferences, contributing to more than 6,000 proposals this year.
Guo Ping stressed that Huawei’s business performance is very genuine and the company also have very close contact with its numerous customers. He added, “some 5G markets without Huawei’s participation are like NBA games without stars”.