Samsung embraced the notch trend last month in China when it introduced the Galaxy A8s with its own unique Infinity-O type screen that ditched the notch for a circular cutout, or the punch hole (or hole punch) camera as it is widely called. The Galaxy A8s is exclusive to China but is now making its way to other markets as the Galaxy A9 Pro 2019.
Samsung has just released the Galaxy A9 Pro 2019 in its home market -Korea and is scheduled to arrive other markets in the coming weeks. In Korea, the device is priced at 599,500 Korean won, which is approximately $540. It is available in Blue, Gray and Green color options and will officially go on sale from January 28th.
Aside from the change in name, the device is largely the same as the Infinity-O display touting Galaxy A8s that was announced last year.
The Galaxy A9 Pro 2019 flaunts a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-O display with 2.5D curved glass, an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, while it gets the mid-range Snapdragon 710 SoC under the hood. The SoC is backed by 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage which you can expand up to 256GB.
The Infinity O display aside, the Galaxy A9 Pro 2019 also boasts of a triple rear camera setup – comprising of a 24-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture, 10-megapixel telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom, and a 5-megapixel camera for depth capture, while it equally packs a 24-megapixel camera punched into the display itself.
There is no in-display fingerprint sensor to complete the already promising features, instead, the device gets a conventional rear fingerprint scanner. Another minus for the Galaxy A9 Pro 2019 here is that it boots Android Oreo out of the box, though we are not surprised given that the Galaxy M series will even get the same dated OS.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro 2019 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128 GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 10MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension: 158.4×74.9×7.4mm; Weight: 173g
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with adaptive fast charging