Towards the end of last year, OnePlus released the Hydrogen OS Beta based on Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. Now, reports out of China shows that the stable version of Android 9 Pie has started rolling out to these smartphones. In the OnePlus official forum, a couple of users have confirmed that they have received the update and it is based on Android 9 Pie.
The version number is HydrogenOS 9.0.1 and it weighs a little above 2GB. This is quite massive but it is a major uppdate and its expected. This report is coming out of China and there is no information on devices outside China. However, its evident that it wont be long before global versions starts receiving this update. Below are a couple of improvements in the changelog
- Update to Android P version
- New UI design, more details, etc.
- New full-screen gestures
- Android patch updated to 2018.12
- Improve system stability and fix known issues
Do not disturb mode
- More powerful do not disturb mode
Game mode 3.0
- New upgrade, notification reminder is lighter, three-way application call suspension reminder, help you immerse the game and not miss important information