Yesterday, Google announced a couple of devices that will get the third Android Q beta update. Xiaomi Mi 9 and Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G version made the list and are currently in the Android Q Beta program, which is free for developers to use. This update is the third beta thus it should be close to the real deal but it is not the real deal just yet. Xiaomi has identified a couple of bugs that come with the Android Q system for the Xiaomi Mi 9 and Mi MIX 3 5G version. Here is the list of known issues you might encounter with the Android Q Beta build.
- The alarm does not ring when the device is switched off
- Device restarts after the user select wireless projection device in the “Wireless display”
- “Settings” app stops running after a user deactivates shortcut to the mute device
- “Settings” app stops running when “Gesture” is selected in “Settings”
- “File” app stops running after a refresh
- Users may be unable to switch screen color in “Settings”
- Users may be unable to ‘Add a fingerprint’
- Default print service stops after the device connect to WiFi to print photos from the gallery*
- “Settings” app crashes after “Automatic brightness” is selected*
For now, these are the officially identified bugs on the Android Q system for Xiaomi Mi 9 and Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G version. There could be more bugs in the system. If you have any feedback, you can contact Xiaomi on its Mi forum HERE.
*Not applicable to Xiaomi Mi 9