Chinese smartphone maker OPPO has announced the launch of a new mid-range OPPO smartphone dubbed the OPPO Reno Z. The announcement comes weeks after it launched the existing OPPO Reno trio. While the design of the back panel is similar to the other Reno-series featuring the OPPO logo, tagline, LED flash, and O-Dot ceramic point which protects the camera, the device, however, ditches the pop-up front-facing camera for a waterdrop notch which houses the 32MP selfie camera.
Painted in Ocean Green and Jet Black colors, the OPPO Reno Z gets a gradient color body with curved edges, while it is fronted by a 6.4-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ (2340 × 1080 pixels) resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio, and while it was rumored to get the MediaTek Helio P90 octa-core processor under its hood, the OPPO Reno Z houses the 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform coupled with Kryo 360 CPU and Adreno 616 GPU, and will hit the shelves in 6GB of RAM and 128GB of non expandable storage. At the back, there is a twin camera setup which consists of a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor and a 5MP depth sensor, while the 32MP selfie camera is housed within the waterdrop notch on the front.
Much like the Reno announced a month ago, the OPPO Reno Z comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner, boots Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with ColorOS 6.0 skin out of the box, while it is powered by a 3,950mAh non-removable battery and supports 20W (5V/4A) VOOC 3.0 flash charge technology. OPPO has launched the mid-range Reno Z smartphone for EUR 190/ $215 in the EU.
OPPO Reno Z Specs
- 6.4-inches FHD+ (2340×1080) AMOLED display;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform with Kryo 360 CPU and Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB of RAM;
- 256 GB of internal storage space;
- 48MP +5MP dual camera setup (rear side);
- 32MP selfie shooter;
- 3,950 mAh battery with 20W (5V/4A) VOOC 3.0 flash charge technology.
- USB- C;
- Android 9.0 Pie operating system with ColorOS 6.0 skin,
- 157.3 × 74.9 × 9.1 mm
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack, and USB Type-C port