Meizu has finally expanded the Meizu 16 series with the launch of the Meizu 16xS as expected. The device by now isnt exactly a surprise, as we already know virtually all that pertains it , thanks in part to the series of leaks and of course to the drip-drip of incessant information from the manufacturer itself.
Unlike most other phone makers out there, Meizu continues to defy the notch for the Meizu 16 series, and the lastest Meizu 16XS is no different. The device builds on the design of the 16x featuring an a symmetric design with super thin bezels on both side, but with slight bezels above and above the display. The top bezel is home to a 16MP front camera with AI beauty features and 0.2-second fast face unlock. The device is housed in a 3D curved body and aluminum frame weighing just 165 grams and measuring 8.3mm in thickness. It is fitted with a 6.2-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with a 1080 x 2232 resolution, 90.29% screen-to-body ratio, 103% NTSC color gamut, and is VDE certified for protection against harmful blue light.
Meizu has also integrated the fingerprint sensor into the display, and is said to have a recognition rate that does not reach the 0.2 second. Under the hood, the device gets the 11nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform coupled with Kryo 460 CPU and Adreno 612 GPU, 6GB RAM and 64GB of storage.
On the flip side, the Meizu 16xS comes fitted with a triple camera setup – a 48MP Samsung GM1 primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 5MP monochrome sensor with f/1.9 aperture with support for portrait mode and HDR+.
The device comes packed with a 4000mAh battery with support for 18w mCharge fast charging, ditches the 3.5mm audio jack for a new EP2C Type-C headset with built-in DAC. Expectedly, the Meizu 16xS boots Android 9.0 Pie based Flyme 7 OS out of the box and includes the all-new Hyper Gaming mode with standard connectivity options like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and USB Type-C port.
Meizu 16Xs specifications
- 6.2-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED On-Cell display with 430nit brightness
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme OS 7
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture with PDAF, ring LED flash, 8MP 118.8° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 152×74.4×8.35mm; Weight: 165g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18w fast charging
The Meizu 16Xs is expected to go on sale in China on June 10 in Midnight Black, Blue, Coral Orange and Silk White color options. The variant with 6GB RAM + 64GB storage is priced at 1698 yuan /US$ 245, while the 128GB variant goes for 1998 yuan /US$ 289.