The Huawei EMUI 9.1 update is already available to many Huawei smartphones but most of them still have the beta version. Last week, the stable version of EMUI 9.1 arrived Huawei Mate 20 series. Now, this update is now available for 10 models. These include Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Design, Mate RS Porsche Design, P20, P20 Pro, nova 3, Honor 10, Honor V10, and Honor Play. These devices are all Kirin 970 models. This update comes with a couple of features which includes Ark Compiler, EROFS Super File System, and GPU Turbo 3.0. Other features include 30x zoom, full-screen gesture optimization, etc.
To upgrade, use the service app that comes with the phone. Click on “early adopter”, and system update commences. This upgrade does not delete personal data. Presently, this update has been spotted in China. Let us know if you have this update outside China.
Gizchina News of the week
Highlights of the new EMUI 9.1:
- Adds Huawei Ark compiler to improve system response and fluency.
- Super File System (EROFS) performance innovation technology to improve application speed as well as performance smoothness.
- Smart Video: Intelligent extraction of essence clips, automatic matching of special effects templates, and a more exciting MV with one click.
- Caller ID: You can set up a personalized video for the caller video show.
- Voice Assistant: You can wake up self-timer, slow-motion video, recognize calories, encyclopedia, scan code, search and more using your voice.
- GPU Turbo 3.0: Graphics processing acceleration adds support for dozens of games.
- Huawei Share Messenger: After connection with Huawei MateBook, it can perform inter-device scraping and recording sharing.
- Settings Simplification: The settings for some redundant features is easier while complex interfaces are more concise and easy.
WHAT IS ARK COMPILER?
Android is a Linux-based system, and most of its applications are developed in Java. These applications need to run in the Java virtual machine. This is because the processor does not recognize Java language virtual machine instructions. Android system uses AOT+JIT+ to execute the compilation of Java code into machine code. However, the application compilation on the Android system is very efficient. The application always uses Java code even if it is in apk package.
The Ark compiler directly compiles the application by directly turning the Java language into machine code. It bypasses the virtual machine thus the user can obtain the compiled application after downloading the application.
WHAT IS EROFS?
EROFS, known as the Extendable Read-Only File System (translatable as “Extensible Read-Only File System”), provides better performance than other read-only file system solutions and saves storage space. EROFS also offers a different compression mode design. According to Huawei’s official statement, the new EROFS file system has an average read performance increase of 20%, space-saving, and smoother reading.
So exciting to read about the 9.1 EMUI update rollout for older phones. When is it being released for Mate 20 Pro LYA-L29 India?
Today this update rolled out for nova 3 just received soo excited…
Same here i have p20 lite can you say me when the update of 9.0 will role out
Where Huawei Mate 10 Lite?