Oppo continues to prepare its launches for the remainder of 2019 and the next on the list is Oppo A9 (2020), the evolution of the previous model brings a lot of improvements and will become a mid-range mobile that will arrive to stand up to the mid-range phones of Xiaomi and Samsung, which offer cutting-edge features at prices that usually do not exceed $300. Oppo A9 (2020) will be presented on September 16, but we already know absolutely everything about the terminal.
The company has offered some details of the device on social networks, with a view to its presentation within six days. However, the Philippine Youtuber Mary Bautista already has an Oppo A9 (2020) in her hands and has shown it in all its splendor in a very early review, just before the official presentation of the device. The terminal’s design shows an electric blue color, very much at the forefront of the colors that manufacturers have accustomed us when they want to orient a mobile to a young audience.
Say hello to #TheNewExpert in town, the #OPPOA92020 powered with a 48MP Ultra Wide Quad Camera and coupled with a powerful 8GB RAM & 128GB ROM. With an #UltraWideAngleLens, #UltraNightMode and #VideoStability, this is a device you can't miss. Launching on 16th September, 2019. pic.twitter.com/0bPB8kpF6J
— OPPO India (@oppomobileindia) September 10, 2019
The terminal sports a 6.5-inch HD+ screen that shows a water drop shaped notch. At the rear it has a triple rear camera configuration, highlighting a 48MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture and an 8MP wide-angle lens of 119º and f/2.5 aperture and a third 2MP depth sensor with aperture f/2.4. The front camera housed in the small notch reaches 16MP. The phone runs the Snapdragon 665 that will be accompanied by 4 or 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256 GB via microSD cards.
Another aspect that attracts the most attention is that the Oppo A9 (2020) will come with a huge 5,000 mAh battery that is also compatible with wireless and reverse charging technology.The terminal will arrive with ColorsOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9 Pie and will feature technologies such as Dolby Atmos for sound and the Ultra Night Mode 2.0 mode for the camera. At the moment we do not have news about its price, but we will be very attentive since it could become one of the most interesting mid-range options of the second half of the year.
OPPO A9 (2020) specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 480 nit brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GBGB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.25″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS. 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size. With 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Dimensions:163.6×75.6×9.1mm; Weight: 195g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos, Dual Stereo Speakers
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, micro USB
- 5000mAh (Typcial) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery