We’ve been hearing murmurs of late about the imminent arrival of a fresh variant of the Redmi Note 8. Dubbed the Redmi Note 8T, the upcoming smartphone is tipped to get the same design and even the same specs sheet as the Redmi Note 8. However, it is expected to address one of the lapses of the Note 8 – it will feature NFC.
Xiaomi is yet to throw its weight behind the Redmi Note 8T rumors, however, recent reports suggest it will go official soon, but in an unofficial manner, just like last year’s Note 6 Pro. Ahead of its purported launch, the Redmi Note8T has now surfaced in live images with a few of its key specs highlighted on the promo sticker on the display.
The images confirm the Redmi Note 8T moniker, while the highlighted specs lineup with that of the Redmi Note 8. Notably, it also reveals the NFC features which, perhaps, is the only specs upgrade. Other specs highlighted include a 6.3-inch display complete with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. A 4,000mAh battery mAh battery, a quad-cam setup comprising of a macro, an ultra-wide-angle, a depth sensor, as well as a 48MP primary shooter.
Besides the live images of the Redmi Note 8T, the latest leak also gives us a close look at the device’s retail package complete with its accessories. It also tells us the device will come in a variety of colors including Dream Blue, and Meteorite Black.
Redmi Note 8 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM2 sensor, PDAF, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm; Weight: 190g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typcial) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging