The Telegram messaging app is receiving an update for Android and iOS that brings several major changes. The biggest one is the theme editor, getting version 2.0. In fact, Telegram already had a theme editor but the update brought even more improvements.
With the new update, you can choose custom colors for the entire application whether in the background or within messages. In addition, you can also share themes with other users. There are also pre-made patterns if the user did not want to customize it manually.
Besides personalization, another function is called Send When Online. This feature allows you to send messages within the app that will be only received when online in the application. Location sharing is also improved, with one-touch sharing.
All the news from Telegram update
- Improved venue sharing makes it easy to share a location on map by just tapping it.
- You can now view search results as a list instead of scrolling through the chat to go through all of them.
- There is podcast and audiobooks support. Audio files over 20 minutes are automatically treated as podcasts and the app will remember your position in the file and also offer a 2x mode to play faster. iOS version also offers high precision scrubbing.
- Night mode can be switched quickly through a button on the menu screen
- Maps automatically turn dark when in night mode (Android).
- New animations (Android).
- You can select and copy just a part of someone’s message instead of all of it (Android, already there on iOS).
- Tap multiple people to share simultaneously when sharing from other apps (Android) .
- Can mark all archived chats as read instantly (Android).
- Redesigned video resolution selection and contact sending screen (Android).
- Adjust size of all text within the app (iOS).
- Choose the browser external links open in (iOS).
- Ability to select what options show up in the share sheet when sharing from other apps to Telegram(iOS).
- Press and hold on icon to quickly switch accounts (iOS).
- View used storage, available space and quickly clear app cache (iOS).
Telegram has 200 million active users
Despite the popularity of WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat (China), Telegram has 200 million monthly active users. Also, according to Sensor Tower, the app has had 365 million downloads on Android and iOS since its launch in 2013.