Realme started rolling out the stable build of Android 10-based Realme UI for the Realme XT last week. However, the update only reached a limited number of users. In the case you haven’t been contemplated with the update yet, you’ll be glad to know that Realme released the update package so that you can install it manually. You can find and download the file here.
The new update package sports version number RMX1921EX_11_C.01. Furthermore, it brings Realme UI and Android 10. Realme UI is a software inspired on ColorOS 7, but with a clean approach recalling vanilla Android 10.
You can check the complete changelog of Realme UI update below:
- Updated UI to realme UI.
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New Android 10 navigation gestures.
- All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- New live wallpapers.
- Artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on home-screen.
- New option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the home screen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lock screen.
- Added a Simple Mode for the home screen, featuring larger fonts, icons, and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Added audio source selection for screen recording.
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimizations for Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab.
Worth noting that update is currently only available in India. However, Realme may expand availability to other markets soon enough. Meanwhile, the company still needs to update several other Realme smartphones to Android 10. We will see the Realme UI rolling out for many of them until the third quarter of 2020.